Career change
Many of you know that I am embarking on a career change. I figure 29 is a good age to become a broke, starving artist, who won't quite be starving because of his wife's willingness to become the primary breadwinner for our family so her husband can chase a dream.
So what I'm trying to do is become a songwriter. I'm just at the beginning stage of all of this, soI'm sure I'll be learning a ton over the next 3-6 months. One great thing is that I feel like I'm leaving my current company on very good terms. They've been great, I've been getting a lot of encouragment through emails and random hallway meetings. It's kind of weird to tell them I'm going to try something with music, since most people who leave our firm stay within the finance industry. But I feel like I've left a good personal mark, albeit small, on our firm, and that I'll be able to keep up a lot of those relationships in the future. I've been getting taken out to lunch like crazy the past week, and it will continue over the next couple as well. July 5th is my official last day.
