10/9/04
I finally saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind on DVD last week. I thought it was outstanding, maybe the best movie I've seen this year. Was it up for an Oscar this year, or will it have to wait for next year? Anyway, wow, just a great movie all-around. Beautiful filmography, Jim Carrey was amazing, great soundtrack, really interesting idea and story. What more do you need?
I've also been in this crazy Harry Potter funk these days. I finished book 5 a little over a week ago, but I've gone back and started re-reading some of them. What's funny is that I've started having dreams about them, and I'll talk in my sleep. Miriam must think I'm crazy. Like one night, I had a dream at around 5 in the morning that I overheard Snape talking with Quirrel (the Defense teacher from the first book), and basically Snape was evil. In fact, I think he was possessed by You-Know-Who. Anyway, I was in a bedroom, and Snape's walking up the steps, and then he opens the door and performs a Cruciatus curse on me. I was making some kind of audible noise that woke Miriam up, and she was like, "It's okay, honey." But I was thinking, "Oh, don't worry about me, it's just a Harry Potter dream."
Anyway, I've been going on to websites to look for gossip about book 6, and to look at when book 4 is going to come out on the big screen. I tend to get really obsessive about things, so I guess Harry Potter is the latest thing.
