Thursday, October 20, 2005

10/20/05

Ramblings:

Had another "fat guy" moment today as I spilled soy sauce on my pink polo that I was planning on wearing to see my grandma and aunt from Korea. Miriam: "Maybe you should try leaning over the table when you eat."

I like epics. The only movies that I feel excited for are movie series types. Very excited about Harry Potter 4 this fall and X-Men 3 next summer. And yes, I know these aren't quite "epics" but I mean that in the sense of a long story where character development from movie to movie is important.

Realized (again) that I am a complete "praise jerk" (or "worship jerk" in case Ted reads this). Was listening to the Urbana 2000 live CD and was making fun of everything. Reminds of the time in college I went to praise night just to check out the band that was leading.

I hate USC (apologies to my friends that are SC grads and these comments aren't specific to you. Although hopefully, you should hate UCLA too, and enjoy when we are doing badly). Their fans are like Yankees fans, except they don't have the pedigree. The Yankees have won more than a quarter of all the World Series. Even though you have to hate them for that, they've earned the right to brag and they are clearly the leading franchise in baseball. USC fans, on the other hand, conveniently forget that they lived for 20 years in pure mediocrity before their recent run of success. I'm not arguing that UCLA has a better football pedigree. But still, USC fans, they make me sick.

That said, the game last Saturday vs. Notre Dame was pretty stirring.

I love The Office. What you want, a cookie?

I am strangely not into music even though I want to be a musician. Curious. I'm kind of like Jeff Kent, who had no interest in the history of baseball even though he is a baseball player. Ugh.