Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Last day at work

My last day of work is tomorrow. Almost 5 1/2 years to the day - this was my first job out of college. I've got to say, I've probably had, from start to finish, one of the best job experiences a person could ask for. Definitely not perfect, but it's been all around solid. I'm sure that the kudos for this have to go to my bosses over that time, and the culture we have at the firm. I've done quite a bit of hiring over the past few years, and I always tell prospective employees that it's a great place to work - and it is!

That being said, I've been looking forward to this day ever since I gave notice, over a month ago. This definitely has the "end of a chapter in my life" type feeling about it, and now it's off into the unknown, uncertain world of songwriting. If you're a "pray-er" reading this blog, you can definitely pray for me - pray that I'll really give this my all. That's probably my biggest fear in this venture - not going broke, not even failing, but that I wouldn't give this thing my best effort, really try and put myself totally out there, as much as I can. I suppose it's a scary proposition, though - that means if I fail, I really failed. Can't blame "could have tried harder" if I do that. But that's what I really want, to really put it all on the line.

So it's the end of an era. Goodbye to my first job - it was nice knowin' ya!