Monday, January 24, 2005

1/24/05

I took the 6:13 Baby Bullet home today, and there was this kid on it that was the most amazing balloon artist I have ever seen. He was one of those guys that makes different kinds of shapes or animals out of those long, skinny balloons. Anyway, I watched him deftly make this elaborate monkey holding a bunch of bananas. The monkey had ears, hands, feet, and even eyes! Not to mention that he made this all on a moving train! Anyway, what I liked even more was that he was just a high school kid or something, and he was probably doing this on the train as a result of his entrepreneurial spirit. I liked it - the ingenuity, the hard work. He was just so infectiously bright and cheerful. The thing is, he noticed me getting a kick out of his handiwork, and asked if I wanted one. I had been thinking that I should get his name and number, and maybe try to hire him for Nari or Nathan's birthday, or maybe if we had a church kids event. But I totally chickened out. I had seen him once before on the train, so hopefully, I will get another chance.