2/15/05
Things have been pretty busy lately. I was working a lot of hours the last couple of weeks. Well, relatively. I can't understand how i-bankers and the like work 80 plus hours a week. Even people who average 60 in a week. Anyway. Now, as things from work are settling down, I am sick. And we are also going to LA this weekend for a wedding and moving the weekend after that. Busy, busy. Our apartment is slowly turning into the box zone. Boxes everywhere. The problem with trying to pack a one bedroom apartment is that there is nowhere to stack things as you pack them. So our place is a disaster zone. But I am determined to have the most organized move ever. We are going to have everything except for the bare essentials packed in boxes by moving day (Saturday, the 26th). Then we are having movers in at 10:00, see how much they can do in 3 hours (I am anticipating everything), and then move the rest ourselves. We'll see. Anyway, I'm the type that really gets affected when things are unsettled or when we have to wait on something. When we were looking for apartments, I always felt unsettled, and part of my happiness at finding a place was just because we found a place. I feel like I can't move on, can't take any new projects when I am in that waiting period. Anyway, only a week and a half left, so I won't have to wait too long.
The funny thing is, there have been so many people who have offered to help, who want to do all this stuff for us. It's really a blessing. But I honestly don't know if there's going to be anything to do! Miriam and I are both kind of control freaks, so we want to pack ourselves. And then when it comes to actually moving, like I mentioned, I think the movers will be able to do almost everything. But we'll see. We'll probably ask some people to be on call or something.
