Thursday, February 09, 2006

Random thoughts

- I was joking when I was harping on East Coast bias before the Super Bowl. Then I watched it.

-Ted would hate my email inbox - 1194 messages that are unfiltered, not organized to where they should be. My problem is that I check a lot of email through a webmail account, then I download it onto my computer. I'm too lazy to go back and put them in their appropriate folders, but I'm paranoid about deleting email. I need to learn how to let emails go.

-I am addicted to the EA Sports Tiger Woods PGA Tour game from 2004. My golfer is getting pretty darn good. I am a loser.

-I hate when people are in the left-most lane on the highway and hold up traffic behind them by driving slow. To me, it's a sign of drivers who are not aware of their surroundings, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Also, when two cars are going exactly the same speed in lanes right next to each other. Also, drifters. I don't like drifters.

-Commuting rules:
1) When you're on an escalator, stand on the right, walk on the left. Do NOT stand on the left.
2) When you're bringing one of those rolling suitcase type briefcases, remember that there are hundreds of people behind you that are probably walking faster than you, so get to the side. In fact, it's probably better not to bring one of those. I also don't think those are better ergonomically - it has to be bad for your posture to walk tilted to one side because you'e dragging something behind you. I'm a fan of the backpack to even out the weight distribution of what you're carrying.
3) Don't carry out a full out conversation on your cell phone unless you talk somewhat quietly. Nobody wants to hear about what you're doing tonight, or what happened in your office that day.
4) Keep your shoes on and your feet off the seats. It's disgusting (if you ever ride CalTrain, you might know what I'm talking about).
5) Additionally, don't shave with an electric razor on the train platform. I am speaking specifically to the man that always is shaving with his Norelco razor in the morning. Plus, he's a bicyclist - isn't it hard to shave when you're sweating? It's just gross, bad form.